A long-standing Canes preseason tradition is the annual “media blitz,” where we try to visit a number of local television and radio stations to promote Opening Night.
For obvious reasons, we’re a little more limited with what we can squeeze into an extremely quick training camp, but we’ve already hit a few media outlets in the past week, and we have some more planned. Below is a quick run-down of this year’s blitz. I will edit this blog with any additions to the agenda, as well as links to interviews after they happen.
Friday, Jan. 11
- G105 – Head Coach Kirk Muller visited G105’s Bob and the Showgram in-studio last Friday. It starts around the 4:30 mark here.
- 100.7 The River – Muller also visited The River’s Kitty Kinnin in-studio last Friday. Watch that interview here.
Monday, Jan. 14
- TSN – Eric and Jordan Staal did a side-by-side sit down with TSN’s James Duthie following practice on Monday. The interview will air on TSN’s NHL30 at 8 p.m. on Tuesday. It should be posted online for the American audience after it airs.
- 620 The Buzz – Hurricanes pre- and post-game show host Mike Maniscalco posted several one-on-one interviews, including chats with Jeff Skinner (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/hurricanes/audio/11976439/) and Jordan Staal (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/hurricanes/audio/11976458/).
- HNIC Radio – Jeff Skinner joined Elliotte Friedman, Gord Stellick and Kelly Hrudey on Hockey Night in Canada Radio at 3:30 p.m. Hear Skinner's interview on HNIC Radio here.
Tuesday, Jan. 15
- WRAL – Jim Rutherford will visit Kelcey Carlson and Bill Leslie on WRAL’s morning show bright and early on Tuesday. If you missed Jim on WRAL Tuesday morning, see it here.
- 620 The Buzz – Rutherford also joined Mark Thomas and Mike Maniscalco on 620 The Buzz on Tuesday morning. Lots of good information in that one, including the fact that every Hurricanes game will be televised this season. Hear it here.
- 99.9 The Fan – Following the Hurricanes’ noon team scrimmage, Eric Staal will visit 99.9 The Fan to join Adam Gold and Joe Ovies in studio at 3:30 p.m.
- News 14 Carolina – Jeff Skinner will stop by News 14’s studios to tape an interview with Jim Connors after the scrimmage. The interview is expected to air on News 14’s Sports Night at 10 p.m. on Tuesday.
Wednesday, Jan. 16
- 620 The Buzz – Jordan Staal makes the “World’s Strong Morning Show” even stronger, joining Mark Thomas and Mike Maniscalco in-studio at 8:30 a.m.
- Mix 101.5 – Jordan will emerge from the 620 studio, make one quick turn, and visit Bill and Lynda on Mix 101.5. That interview will be taped and air on Thursday.
- David Glenn Show – Forward Chad LaRose pays a visit to the David Glenn Show, available locally on 99.9 The Fan, following practice on Wednesday. He is tentatively scheduled for 2 p.m.
More to come, and you can follow Mike on Twitter for immediate alerts.