Guy Behind the Guy: NHL-P in Raleigh
Each year, a crew from NHL Productions visits
|Index | Archive|
NHL Productions likes to feature the players showing their talents or interests away from the rink. Past features with the Hurricanes included a day at Frankie’s
We got the first one done on Saturday, and it showcased rookie Brandon Sutter. The crew sat down with
So Saturday after practice, we headed over to the N.C. State-Miami football game (Admittedly difficult for the
Wednesday, we’ll shoot the second feature, highlighting forward Ray Whitney. Of course, Ray cannot possibly be highlighted enough for any number of reasons, but the focus will be on his love of classic cars. After practice and a sit-down interview, the crew will head to Ray’s house, where they will shoot him with his proud collection that includes a 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro convertible,1970 Chevrolet Chevelle and 1957 Ford Thunderbird.
A few other media alerts. I will try to update these as times and details get nailed down:
- Ray Whitney will call into NHL Live, which airs on NHL Home Ice on XM and on television on the NHL Network, today at
- Eric Staal did a phone interview with ESPN.com’s David Amber today. I will post the link when the feature appears.
- Matt Cullen will join David Glenn on 850 The Buzz on Wednesday at 4:25 p.m.
- Several Hurricanes representatives will hit the airwaves on 850 The Buzz in the next few days. I will try to update the exact times, but the callers include Jim Rutherford, who is expected to join Adam Gold and Joe Ovies on
- Brandon Sutter will be Mike Maniscalco’s guest on 99.9 FM The Fan’s Canes Corner on Wednesday night, which will be broadcasted live from Bass Lake Draft House beginning at
- Also, if you didn’t see it, the Hurricanes got some nice recognition in a recent survey by Turnkey Sports & Entertainment, which ranked Hurricanes fans’ brand loyalty No. 20 in all of professional sports. So thanks for that, Caniacs.
Comments for Mike?