UPDATED Guy Behind the Guy: Media Blitz '09
|Index | Archive|
- Erik Cole in studio with 850 the Buzz: Erik joined Adam and Joe in-studio on 850 the Buzz this morning for nearly an hour, hanging out from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Joe was kind enough to post the whole thing on The Buzz’s blog for those of you who missed it.
- Cam Ward in studio with Mix 101.5: The Hurricanes netminder will stop by with Bill and Lynda in the Mix 101.5 studio before heading to practice Tuesday morning. The segment should air starting around 8:10 a.m.
- Chad LaRose in studio with 94.7 and 96.1: Rosey will visit the Curtis-owned stations on Tuesday morning, stepping in to join the Q-Morning Crew on 94.7 WQDR around 8:05. He’ll switch genres 10 minutes later, jumping into 96 Rock’s studio with Salt and Demetri.
- Eric Staal photo shoot with the News & Observer: Eric missed last week’s shoot because of the birth of his first child, so he will be on the ice for a quick session for the newspaper before practice on Tuesday. The N&O’s Hurricanes Preview section will be available inside Friday’s paper.
- Matt Cullen on 99.9 The Fan: Matt will visit with Mike Maniscalco and Mark Thomas on The Insiders around 3 p.m.
- Scott Walker/Aaron Ward on TSN: It’s not exactly local, but Scott and Aaron will sit down side-by-side for an interview with TSN for That’s Hockey after practice. TSN posted the video of the interview here.
- Scott Walker will also sit down for an interview with WRAL’s Debra Morgan on Tuesday, along with his wife, Julie.
- Aaron Ward will join 99.9’s The Insiders on Tuesday, but Ward’s appearance will be the start of something a little more regular. The Fan will air “The Aaron Ward Show,” presented by Goldstar Mortgage, each Tuesday from 4-4:20 p.m.
- Jim Rutherford on The Fan 590: The Hurricanes' General Manager will do a call-in interview with the major Toronto sports talk station Tuesday at 1:45 p.m. The Fan 590 streams online here.
- Cam Ward on The Sports Lunch: The goaltender joined Tim Hall on The Sports Lunch on 99.9 The Fan today. You can hear that interview here.
- WRAL video: Jason Jennings posted a number of lockerroom interviews from today's practice on WRALSportsfan.com, including Paul Maurice, Eric Staal, Rod Brind'Amour and Erik Cole.
- Paul Maurice will join with Mark Roberts after practice for a segment called “O.K., Smart Guy” on Mark’s online show “Off the Mark” on WRAL.com.
- Maurice will also sit down with Triangle Business Journal after practice on Wednesday for a forthcoming feature in that publication.
- Tim Gleason will be the guest on the season premier of “Canes Corner” on 99.9 The Fan. This year, Canes Corner will be held at one of two Tyler’s Taproom locations. As always, Mike Maniscalco will host the hour-long show.
- Aaron Ward will visit News 14’s studio Wednesday afternoon for a one-on-one with Jim Connors, which we expect to air on News 14’s Sports Night Wednesday at 10 p.m.
- Aaron Ward on NBC-17: Aaron will visit NBC-17's studios Wednesday morning at 9 a.m. to sit down with Shirley Min for an interview. Pieces of the interview will likely air on NBC-17's newscasts throughout the week, and the entire interview will be shown on This Week On MyNC, which airs on Saturday at 6:30 a.m. and Sunday at 9 a.m. and 11:30 p.m.
- Conboy on The Buzz: Tim will do a quick phone interview with Adam Gold and Joe Ovies on 850 The Buzz, where the topics will range from the start of the hockey season to the Minnesota Twins' push for the playoffs.
- Francis on The Buzz: 850 The Buzz's David Glenn will talk to Hurricanes Associate Head Coach/Director of Player Peronnel Ron Francis at 4:25 p.m.
- Erik Cole on Hardcore Sports Radio: Cole will call into "Morency" on Hardcore Sports Radio (Sirius channel 98) at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday. The show is also simulcast on The Score television network across Canada.
- Jim Rutherford on XM Home Ice: The Hurricanes' General Manager will join XM's Jim Gordon on the Home Ice channel (XM 204) at 5:30 p.m.
- Tripp Tracy on thebigtailgate.com: The Hurricanes' television analyst completed a phone interview with WPTF's Brian LeBlanc last week, which is available on LeBlanc's podcast via iTunes and at thebigtailgate.com.
- Checkin' In With Hurricanes Tim: Tim Gleason will again begin his regular series on XM Home Ice. His call-ins will occur every other Monday throughout the season with XM's Jim Gordon, airing around 4 p.m.
Comments for Mike?