Guy Behind the Guy: Tuesday Media Alerts
Mike Sundheim Index | Archive
- The Aaron Ward Show, Presented by Goldstar Mortgage, returns today on 99.9 The Fan at 4 p.m. The show, which covers more than just hockey, has proven to have some solid entertainment value so far. You can hear last week's episode here.
- Matt Cullen will join David Glenn this afternoon on 850 The Buzz around 5 p.m.
- If all goes well (vigorously knocking on wood), Ray Whitney will play his 1,000th NHL game next week. Assuming our flight to New Jersey is on time, he'll join Jim Gordon on XM's NHL Home Ice on Friday around 5:25 p.m. to discuss the milestone.
- It looks like CBC's Elliotte Friedman will fly to Raleigh tomorrow, with plans to sit down with Julie Walker on Thursday. The interview will likely air on Saturday night during Friedman's "Inside Hockey" segment for Hockey Night in Canada. I believe American fans will be able to see it during the HNIC simulcast on the NHL Network, but I'm working to confirm that.
- WTVD anchor Frances Scott will sit down with Erik Cole on Thursday after practice to get an update on his recovery from a broken leg suffered during the season's opening weekend. I expect the segment will air either Thursday or Friday, but I will post an update here when I know for sure.
Also, kudos to our Monday-Wednesday-Friday morning intern Drew Sanchez for taking his efforts to emulate his mentors to new heights today. Here he is with Kyle Hanlin, preparing to run more game notes down to practice.
Comments for Mike?