Opening Night is upon us, so to make sure everyone is thinking ice, it’s time again for our annual media blitz. Below is the schedule for Canes player media appearances over the next few days. As always, this schedule is subject to change, so check back here for any adjustments. I’ll also try to post links to any of the interviews after the fact, if the outlet posts them.
Tuesday, Oct. 4
Wednesday, Oct. 5
- Chad LaRose visits with the WQDR Morning Crew in studio at 8 a.m.
- Following his visit with the country station, LaRose will walk down the hall to pop into Bob the Blade’s 96Rock studio. If you missed Chad with Bob the Blade on 96Rock, you can hear it here -- Part 1 | Part 2
- Eric Staal will head to WRAL to guest with Bill Leslie on FOX 50’s morning show. If you missed Staal on FOX 50, you can see the interview here.
- After practice, Tim Gleason will spend some studio time with the David Glenn Show. Syndicated all over North Carolina, the show airs live locally on 99.9 The Fan. If you missed Gleason on the David Glenn Show, click here (hour three).
- New father Anthony Stewart (Mason Anthony Stewart was born September 28), guests in studio with Adam Gold and Joe Ovies on 99.9 The Fan at 3:30 p.m. If you missed @ehstew13, listen to his interview on the Fan here.
- Eric Staal will also guest on NHL Live at 5:55 p.m. NHL Live airs on NHL Network and NHL.com.
Thursday, Oct. 6
- Calder Trophy winner Jeff Skinner will have an early wakeup, as he travels to the Clear Channel offices to join Bob and the Showgram in studio on G105 at 7:30 a.m. For pictures and video of Skinner's studio visit with G105, please click here.
- Alternate captain Brandon Sutter visits Bill & Lynda in studio on Mix 101.5 WRAL-FM at 8 a.m.
- Following his visit with Bob and the Showgram, Skinner will walk down the hall to join Kitty Kinnin live on The River 100.7. That interview should happen around 8 or 8:15 a.m.
- Sutter will also slide from one studio to the next. After finishing up with Bill & Lynda, Sutter guests with The Insiders, Mike Maniscalco and Mark Thomas on 620 The Buzz at 8:30 a.m. If you missed Brandon with Mike & Mark, hear it here.
- Tuomo Ruutu will do a little TV on Wednesday afternoon after practice, traveling to News 14 Carolina’s studios to sit down with Jim Connors. The interview should air on News 14’s Sports Night show, which is on nightly at 10 p.m. If you missed Ruutu on News 14, see the interview here.
- Greg Wyshynski featured Jeff Skinner today on his Puck Daddy blog.
- Jim Rutherford will join the David Glenn Show at 12:15 p.m. to dicuss the season opening the following day. Hear it locally on 99.9 The Fan or by clicking here.
As previously mentioned, please check back here for schedule changes as updates. I’ll also try to post any adjustments to my Twitter, which you can follow @MikeSundheim