Community: A Winter Wonderland at Casino Night
On Sunday, Feb. 26, Carolina Hurricanes players, coaches, broadcasters, front office executives and 600 Kids ‘N Community Foundation supports gathered on the arena floor for the 7th Annual Casino Night and Wine Tasting presented by Convergence Technologies.
|Mary Catherine Benson
This year, thanks to Cape Fear Formal Wear, the Hurricanes players, coaches and broadcasters were outfitted in tuxedos with white dinner jackets. Not only did they look handsome, but guests could easily spot them as they mingled with the crowd and served as dealers at the card tables.
Highlights of the evening included:
- Two Canadian trips with the team next season
- An afternoon of bowling at Sparians with Justin Faulk, Jamie McBain and Jeff Skinner
- A super-charged “Cane for Day” package to experience every facet of game day
- Dinner with the “Captains and the Keeper” at Nina’s (and Nina got on stage!)
- The entire team on stage for a unique photo opportunity
- Baskets that included Hurricanes players’ favorite things (For instance, Jay Harrison's basket featured a waffle maker.)
- Rare Hurricanes memorabilia
- A make-your-own s’mores bar (It was unbelievable.)
- Enter-to-win trivia contest presented by Custom Home Exteriors
- A special mystery puck fundraiser presented by TriSure
- Players’ Lounge area sponsored by Convergence Technologies
Guests enjoyed wine tasting from Total Wine and More, The Wine Merchant, Mutual Distributing, Tryon Distributing and Empire Distributors and an incredible beer selection from Natty Greene’s and RA Jeffreys. As if that was not enough, we included a signature drink, “Frost Bite.”
DJ Mike Morse from G105 provided entertainment for the entire evening, and Shutterbooth made sure that guests went home with a photo strip to commemorate the evening. Who doesn’t love a photo booth?
A special thanks to our presenting sponsor, Convergence Technologies; we were lucky to partner with them again.
Make plans to join us again next year! (We are already starting to plan!)
To learn more about the Foundation visit our microsite.