Who, What, When, Where?
The Carolina Hurricanes will host their fifth annual Alumni Fantasy Game presented by Lenovo on Sunday, Feb. 14 at 1:30 p.m. at PNC Arena. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Hurricanes Stanley Cup championship and all alumni playing in the game will be from the 2005-06 team. The game will consist of three-20 minute periods with a running clock and intermissions.
Is it open to the public?
Yes! The event is open to the public and no ticket is required, however there is an optional contribution at the door, with all proceeds benefitting the Kids 'N Community Foundation.
Doors will open at 12:30 p.m. and fans should park and enter via the east side of PNC Arena. Parking is free, and there will be general admission seating on the east side of the arena.
Who is playing?
Hurricanes alumni from the 2005-06 Stanley Cup championship team will participate in the Alumni Fantasy Game: Rod Brind’Amour, Ray Whitney, Glen Wesley, Doug Weight, Erik Cole, Bret Hedican, Frantisek Kaberle, Mike Commodore, Niclas Wallin, Kevyn Adams, Craig Adams and Andrew Hutchinson.
The 12 alumni, broken into two squads, will be playing with 20 individuals who paid an entry fee to participate in the game. These individuals will be split among the two teams, with final team assignments to be announced at a private event on Friday, Feb. 12.
What else is going on?
- Members of the Carolina Hurricanes coaching staff and alumni will be behind the benches for the game.
- Hurricanes play-by-play announcer John Forslund will be calling the action live. Tripp Tracy will join Forslund for in-game analysis and interviews between the benches.
- Stormy, the MyEyeDr. Storm Squad and in-arena host Chris Edge will be in attendance.
- Off-ice activities will be run very similar to a Hurricanes home game with a true gameday experience from CanesVision and the promotions team.
- Concessions will be available for purchase.
- There will be normal intermissions and two TV timeouts per period. Both will be filled with promotions, contests and interviews with Hurricanes alumni. Additional features will include pregame starting lineups, behind-the-scenes footage and vintage videos highlighting the Canes alumni.
- The Kids ‘N Community Foundation will offer a silent auction during the game.