Carolina Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward and his wife, Cody, created Cam’s Champs to allow sport organizations focused on children with special needs the opportunity to experience a hockey game in a 12-person, all-inclusive luxury suite. Cam personally purchases the suite for each Carolina Hurricanes home game for deserving organizations to enjoy. The organization with the privilege of using the suite assumes the role of Cam’s Champs for the night. They receive a gift bag and recognition at the game.
To be eligible for Cam’s Champs, an organization must:
- Be a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service
- Ensure that 100% of the complementary tickets are used by those receiving services, their guardians, or those responsible for carrying out the services
- Be able to provide their own transportation to and from PNC Arena
- Serve children with disabilities through sport programs
The 12-person, all-inclusive suite includes the following:
If your organization wishes to be Cam’s Champs for a night, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please include a detailed description of your sport organization pinpointing how you adhere to the qualification standards. Generally, we only allow an organization to be Cam’s Champs once during the season.
- 12 tickets to the game/12 seats in the suite
- Light snacks and beverages
- A private bathroom in the suite
- Three (3) VIP Parking Passes
- Carolina Hurricanes Gift Bags