The Kids 'N Community Foundation accepts grant proposals from non-profit organizations that specialize in working with children. Grants from the Foundation support the on-going work of operating organizations that help needy children in the areas of health, education, and underserved populations. The Foundation’s giving cycle has been restructured, and an overview can be found below.
|State Games of North Carolina
||Children's Flight of Hope
To qualify for a grant from the Kids 'N Community Foundation an organization must:
- Be a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service serving children in the state of North Carolina
- Have a record of outstanding service in effectively and efficiently delivering programs and services that improve the lives of needy children
- Serve children’s needs in the areas of Health, Education, and Underserved Populations.
- Deliver services which impact the lives of children, both short and long-term
- Ensure that 100% of grant monies received from the Kids 'N Community Foundation are used for the exclusive benefit of children
- Must be an operating organization for at least two years
Kids 'N Community Foundation Grant Cycles
GOAL (Growing Opportunities And Leaders)
High Impact Grants
- Due date: Monday, August 3, 2015
- Six (6) total non-profit children’s organizations will receive $50,000 each year with a three year commitment
- Total of $150,000 per organization over the three year term
- Cycle will be set on a staggered pattern so that each year, two organizations roll off and two new organizations are added
- Each year, Hurricanes staff will receive requests for funding and will invite 4-5 groups to present in-person to the KNCF Board at the fall meeting and two will be funded
- Guidelines will be provided for the groups that present in front of the board, including a strict limit of 15 minutes total in front of the Board
- Each recipient will receive their check each year during a Hurricanes home game
- If you receive a GOAL grant, you must wait three full years before requesting another GOAL grant and one year before applying for a Game Changer Grant
- Click here to apply for a GOAL grant (due Aug. 3, 2015)
Game Changer Grants
- Due date: Monday, December 14, 2015
- Fifteen (15) total organizations will receive grants totaling $150,000
- Three Funding Levels:
- Five (5) groups at $5,000 Level
- Five (5) groups at $10,000 Level
- Five (5) groups at $15,000 Level
- Groups must apply for one of the three funding levels and cannot apply for multiple levels in one cycle
- Grants are “all or nothing” as no partial grants will be awarded
- All 15 final organizations will receive at least one night on the concourse for a Hurricanes game during the following season
- Game Changer Grant recipients cannot apply for funding for the same program more than two times in a row
Future Canes Grants
Youth Hockey Programs
- Due date: Monday, February 22, 2016
- Any youth hockey organization in the state of North Carolina can apply for any amount
- Grants will total at least $60,000 in value each year, and may range higher if funds allow
Note: All grant submissions must be mailed or hand delivered. Electronic submissions will not be accepted.
Click here to see a list of receint grant recipients.
If you have any questions or concerns about the grant process, please contact the Kids 'N Community Foundation Grant & Event Specialist, Gabby Pinto at (919) 861-5474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.