|Fan Guide: Carolina Hurricanes Alumni Game
Who, What, When, Where?
The Carolina Hurricanes are hosting their third annual Alumni Fantasy Game on Sunday, April 6 at 3 p.m. at PNC Arena. The game will consist of three 20-minute periods with a running clock and intermissions.
Is it open to the public?
Yes! The event is open to the public and no ticket is required, however there is an optional contribution at the door, with all proceeds benefitting the Kids 'N Community Foundation.
Fans who make a minimum $10 donation at the door will receive a 32 oz. Alumni Game cup, which features trading card-style images of former Canes players.
Doors will open at 2:00 p.m. and fans should park and enter via the east side of PNC Arena. Parking is free, and there will be general admission seating on the east side of the arena.
Who is playing?
Currently, 11 Hurricanes alumni are scheduled to participate in the Alumni Fantasy Game: Ron Francis, Rod Brind'Amour, Glen Wesley, Bret Hedican, Bates Battaglia, Jesse Boulerice, Aaron Ward, Shane Willis, Robert Kron, Steve Rice and Tripp Tracy. This will be Bret Hedican’s debut in the game.
The 11 alumni, broken into two squads, will be playing with 20 individuals that paid an entry fee to participate in the game. Those individuals have been split among the two teams, with final team assignments to be announced at a private event on Friday, April 4. Hurricanes assistant coach Dave Lewis will coach the White team, while assistant coach John MacLean will be behind the bench for the Red team.
|Rod Brind'Amour (C)
||Ron Francis (C)
||Glen Wesley (A)
What else is going on?
- Members of the Carolina Hurricanes coaching staff will be behind the benches for the game.
- Hurricanes play-by-play announcer John Forslund will be calling the action.
- Stormy, the Eye Care Associates Storm Squad and co-host Amber Jaye will be in attendance.
- The off-ice activities will be run very similar to a Carolina Hurricanes home game with a true gameday experience from CanesVision and the promotions team.
- There will be normal intermissions and two TV timeouts per period. Both will be filled with promotions, contests and interviews with Hurricanes alumni. Tripp Tracy and Shane Willis will be mic'd up for portions of the game, and Amber Jaye will provide in-game interviews from the bench. Additional features include pregame starting lineups, behind-the-scenes footage and vintage videos highlighting the Canes alumni.
- The Kids ‘N Community Foundation will be offering a silent auction during the game. The auction will include the Alumni Game-worn jerseys of Ron Francis and Rod Brind'Amour as well as other rare Hurricanes memorabilia. The winners of the Francis and Brind’Amour jerseys will receive them in a special postgame meet-and-greet.
- Serving as referees will be Executive Vice President and PNC Arena General Manager Dave Olsen and in-game host and real-life ref, Ron the Ref.