Who, What, When, Where?
The Carolina Hurricanes are hosting their fourth annual Alumni Fantasy Game on Sunday, March 22 at 1:30 p.m. at PNC Arena. The game will consist of three 20-minute periods with a running clock and intermissions.
Is it open to the public?
Yes! The event is open to the public and no ticket is required, however there is an optional contribution at the door, with all proceeds benefitting the Kids 'N Community Foundation.
Doors will open at 12:30 p.m. and fans should park and enter via the east side of PNC Arena. Parking is free, and there will be general admission seating on the east side of the arena.
Who is playing?
Currently, 11 Hurricanes alumni are scheduled to participate in the Alumni Fantasy Game: Rod Brind'Amour, Glen Wesley, Niclas Wallin, Sergei Samsonov, Stu Grimson, Bates Battaglia, Jesse Boulerice, Aaron Ward, Shane Willis, Robert Kron and Steve Rice. This year's game marks the debut of Wallin, Samsonov and Grimson.
The 11 alumni, broken into two squads, will be playing with 20 individuals that paid an entry fee to participate in the game. A limited amount of roster spots are still available. Those individuals will be split among the two teams, with final team assignments to be announced at a private event on Friday, March 20.
What else is going on?
- Members of the Carolina Hurricanes coaching staff will be behind the benches for the game.
- Hurricanes play-by-play announcer John Forslund will be calling the action. NEW in 2015: Tripp Tracy will join Forslund for in-game analysis and interviews between the benches.
- Stormy, the Eye Care Associates Storm Squad and co-host Amber Jaye will be in attendance.
- The off-ice activities will be run very similar to a Carolina Hurricanes home game with a true gameday experience from CanesVision and the promotions team.
- Concessions will be available for purchase.
- There will be normal intermissions and two TV timeouts per period. Both will be filled with promotions, contests and interviews with Hurricanes alumni. Shane Willis will be mic'd up for portions of the game. Additional features include pregame starting lineups, behind-the-scenes footage and vintage videos highlighting the Canes alumni.
- The Kids ‘N Community Foundation will offer a silent auction during the game.