|Fan Guide: Carolina Hurricanes Alumni Game
Who, What, When, Where?
The Carolina Hurricanes are hosting their second annual Alumni Fantasy Game on Sunday, April 14 at 3 p.m. at PNC Arena. The game will consist of three, 20-minute periods with a running clock and intermissions.
Is it open to the public?
Yes! The event is open to the public and no ticket is required, however there is an optional contribution to the Kids ‘N Community Foundation at the door. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Kids ‘N Community Foundation.
Doors will open at 2:00 p.m. and fans should park and enter via the East side of PNC Arena. Parking is free. There will be general admission seating on the East side of the arena.
Who is playing?
Currently, 12 Hurricanes alumni are scheduled to participate in the Alumni Fantasy Game: Ron Francis, Rod Brind’Amour, Glen Wesley, Cory Stillman, Bates Battaglia, Jesse Boulerice, Aaron Ward, Shane Willis, Robert Kron, Steve Halko, Steve Rice and Tripp Tracy. They are broken into two squads. The twelve alumni will be playing with individuals that paid an entry fee to participate in the game. Those individuals have been split among the two teams.
|Rod Brind'Amour (C)
||Ron Francis (C)
|Glen Wesley (A)
||Cory Stillman (A)
|Tripp Tracy (G)
||Jorge Alves (G)
Click here for a PDF copy of the roster.
What else is going on?
- Members of the Carolina Hurricanes coaching staff will be behind the benches for the game.
- Hurricanes play-by-play announcer John Forslund will be calling the action.
- Stormy, the Eye Care Associates Storm Squad and co-host Amber Sersen will be in attendance. Ruby Gibbs will be singing the national anthem before the game
- The off-ice activities will be run very similar to a Carolina Hurricanes home game with a true gameday experience from CanesVision and the promotions team.
- There will be normal intermissions and two TV timeouts per period. Both will be filled with promotions, contests and interviews with Hurricanes alumni.
- The Kids ‘N Community Foundation will be offering a silent auction during the game. The auction will include a few select game-worn jerseys from the Canes alumni game as well as other rare Hurricanes memorabilia.
- Serving as referees will be Executive Vice President and PNC Arena General Manager Dave Olsen and in-game host and real-life ref, Ron the Ref.