|Creative Caniac T-Shirt Challenge
Calling all creative Caniacs! The Carolina Hurricanes want you to design the t-shirt used by the Eye Care Associates Storm Squad during the upcoming 2013-14 season!
In addition to having your t-shirt design seen by fans throughout the upcoming season, the winner will receive two tickets to a Carolina Hurricanes game, two t-shirts featuring his/her design and a picture with the Eye Care Associates Storm Squad!
The deadline for submissions is Friday, Aug. 23, and the winner will be selected and notified by the Hurricanes.
For complete contest rules, read the official Creative Caniac T-Shirt Challenge rules below.
Have your design ready? Fill out the submission form below. Good luck!
CREATIVE CANIAC T-SHIRT CHALLENGE
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. HERE’S HOW TO ENTER: From August 12, 2013 through August 23, 2013 (the “Contest Period”) the Carolina Hurricanes will be conducting the Creative Caniac T-Shirt Contest to look for the best design for the t-shirts that the Eye Care Associates Storm Squad will distribute to fans at 2013-2014 Carolina Hurricanes home games (the “Contest”). You will have the opportunity to enter the Contest by submitting your original design (the “Submission”) at www.carolinahurricanes.com (the “Web Site”) from August 12, 2013 through August 23, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EDT (the “Submission Period”).
Each Submission that is entered into the Contest must meet the following “Submission Requirements” (any Submission that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates any of the following criteria will be disqualified):
• the Submission must be contain no more than four (4) colors (including black and white);
• the Submission must not include any photographs(s) or photography;
• the Submission must be the Entrant’s original, unmodified, previously unpublished work and not contain any third party copyrighted material;
• the Submission must not contain any logos, brand names, slogans or any third party trademarked materials other than those of Sponsor and/or Eye Care Associates.
• the entrant should be able to provide on request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the Submission (in the event an entrant cannot provide all required releases, Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable Submission, or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsor’s benefit, or allow the applicable Submission to remain in Contest); and
• the Submission must not include images or text that is obscene, pornographic, disparaging, libelous, illegal, discriminative, offensive, or otherwise objectionable.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Entry into Contest open to legal U.S. residents who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and reside in the state of North Carolina only (each an “Entrant”). Employees of Hurricanes Hockey Limited Partnership (“Sponsor”), Gale Force Holdings, L.P., Hurricanes Holdings, L.L.C. and each of their respective affiliates, distributors, suppliers and advertising, promotional or judging agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and members of the same household as such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to win. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
4. GENERAL RELEASE: No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of the prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize recipient. The First Place Prize winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the First Place Prize. All other expenses related to the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this offer; or reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules to its members. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Web Site; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than the maximum number of entries permitted (whether per day or in total) by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, automated entry services or any other method will void that person’s entries and that person may be disqualified. Entry in Contest constitutes your agreement to abide by these rules. Submissions may be subject to review prior to posting to the Web Site. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, the following reasons: infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor, and Sponsor will have the right to award all Contest prizes based on the public judging results as of the time that any action is taken. The Sponsor also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if, in its sole discretion, it determines that none of the Submissions meet its standards for quality and/or appropriateness for Sponsor apparel/promotional items in which case Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, decide to not award any prizes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize awarded. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or the redemption, use or misuse of any prize. In the event of any dispute regarding the Contest rules, the decision of Sponsor is final.
5. WINNER SELECTION: Once a Submission is submitted and approved by Sponsor, it will be added to the entries for judging in the Creative Caniac T-Shirt Contest. At the conclusion of the Submission Period, a panel of judges will judge all eligible Submissions to determine the top selection. The Entrant who submitted the top selection will be the winner and win the First Place Prize, subject to verification of eligibility.
• One (1) First Place Prize will be awarded. First Place Prize consists of two (2) tickets to a Carolina Hurricanes 2013-2014 regular season home game (date to be determined), two (2) 2013-2014 Carolina Hurricanes/Eye Care Associates t-shirts, and one (1) photograph of the winner with the Eye Care Associates Storm Squad.
The Carolina Hurricanes assume no liability or responsibility neither in connection with the safety or performance of any prize awarded hereunder, nor in connection with any warranty or representation therewith. In the event that any prize is rejected by a prizewinner, such prize will be awarded to the individual whose Submission received the next highest number of votes.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION/RELEASES: All prizes must be claimed within ten (10) days of notification by signing and returning a winner affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s permission for the Sponsor to use winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
8. JURISDICTION: The Contest shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina applicable to promotions fully carried out within North Carolina. Except where prohibited by law, all winners, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release the Sponsor, their affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional or judging agencies from any and all liability for claims, actions or proceedings for injuries or damages sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in any prize-related activity. In the event any such claims are allowed, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys' and/or experts’ fees; and winners hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (including attorneys fees), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Each winner acknowledges that no other party nor any agent or attorney of any other party has made any promise, representation or warranty whatsoever, express or implied, not contained herein concerning the subject matter hereof, to induce the winner to execute any document and winners acknowledge that they have not executed any document in reliance on any such promise, representation or warranty not contained herein. Any waiver by the Sponsor and its affiliates of any term of any document in a particular instance shall not be a waiver of such term for the future. Each winner agrees that the invalidity or enforceability of any part of any document shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remainder of that document. By entering this Contest, you consent to the laws of North Carolina as the governing laws and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of North Carolina.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Web Site or any combination thereof; (e) any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person's computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download or upload of any materials in the Contest. Entrants (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agree that the Sponsor (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
11 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Every Entrant, by submitting a Submission certifies that: (1) the Submission is his or her own original work; (2) he or she is the owner of any and all copyrights associated with the Submission; (3) he or she has the right to distribute such Submission; (4) such Submission and/or its distribution does not violate the intellectual property rights of any person or entity; (5) that entrant has secured waivers of any “moral” or other rights of authorship which may inure to any persons creatively involved in the making/distribution of the Submission; and (6) he or she has followed these official rules. By entering, Entrant irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to the Sponsor, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the Submission for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised without notice or compensation. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Submission for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that such entrant does not reserve any rights in or to the Submission.
12. SPONSOR: Hurricanes Hockey Limited Partnership d/b/a Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Club, 1400 Edwards Mill Road, Raleigh, NC 27607
13. WINNER LIST: For the names of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Carolina Hurricanes Creative Caniac T-shirt Contest Winner List, PNC Arena, 1400 Edwards Mill Road, Raleigh, NC 27607, prior to June 8, 2014.
14. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.