Each year members of the MyEyeDr. Storm Squad host a Junior Storm Squad Clinic. The experience consists of a five-hour clinic and an appearance at a Carolina Hurricanes home game. At the clinic the participants, aged 7-13, learn about the “Day in the Life of a Storm Squad Member,” talk about leadership and character building and focus on self-confidence, perseverance and determination for young girls. This is mixed in with fun activities where participants meet the team, hang out, tell stories and play games. They also get an exclusive PNC Arena tour and learn the cheers and moves done by the Storm Squad during games.
The Jr. Storm Squad package includes:
- 5-hour clinic hosted by the Hurricanes and Storm Squad on Saturday, March 14 from 12:30-5:30 p.m.
- Learn the game-day schedule of an MyEyeDr. Storm Squad member
- Take an exclusive tour of PNC Arena
- Learn the power play dance performed by the Storm Squad during the game
- Participate in leadership, character and self-confidence building activities
- Get your very own personalized 2015 MyEyeDr. Storm Squad Calendar
- Receive a 2014-2015 Jr. Storm Squad t-shirt
- Enjoy a pizza party with the Storm Squad before the game on March 14
- Take a team photo with the Storm Squad
- Perform with the Storm Squad for a period during the game on Saturday, March 14, immediately following the clinic